Of course your appearance will always make an impression on people around you. But if there’s something else that can leave a lasting impression on people, it is the way you smell. Time and again, a lot has been discussed around why it is so important to smell good. If you smell bad in public, it doesn’t just create a bad impression but smelling unpleasant can also say a lot about a person. Hence, the beauty market has come up with perfumes and fragrance mists that you can use on a daily basis to make sure you smell pleasant at all times. However, both of these products are quite different from one another and we’re here to tell you all about it.
Body Mist vs Perfume:
- Fragrance: Body mists are very light, subtle and airy. They have an extremely soft fresh-out-of-a-shower kind of a smell. Perfumes, on the other hand, have quite an intense fragrance. A single spritz of a body mist can make you feel fresh. Perfumes usually have a strong and overpowering fragrance that you can wear for special occasions and events.
- Concentration: Speaking of the concentration of a body mist, the low concentration of oil and higher amount of water and alcohol is what makes them have the light and pleasant fragrance. In comparison, perfumes are made with higher content of fragrant oils which make the scent stronger and last much longer. EDP (Eau De Parfum) has a higher concentration of aromatic oils that give out a richer fragrance in comparison to EDT (Eau De Toilette). Body mists and EDTs are usually the best to use during the day time as they have a lighter fragrance. EDPs can be used at night for dinners, parties, etc.
- Longevity: Coming to talk about how many hours do body mist and perfume smells last., let us tell you that the former has a shorter longevity than the latter. As body mists have higher water and alcohol addition, they are mider and last for four hours. Perfumes, however, can last longer and even an entire day if you spray it on in all the right places. Although body mists last for a shorter while, you can layer them up by using a scented shower gel and a body lotion before spritzing the body mist on your pulse points. This will allow the scent to last longer.
- Safety: The body mist formulation makes them safer to be applied directly on your skin, no matter what your skin type. In fact, body mists can keep your skin hydrated and refreshed for a few hours. This makes it possible for you to spray some more body mist after every few hours. Perfumes are usually advised to be used on top of your clothes as they are not as safe for your skin.
- Price: Body mists are light water-based solutions and so they come in a bigger bottle in comparison to perfumes. This also means that you get a larger bottle of body mist at a much cheaper cost than a perfume due to the difference in their concentrations.
If you’re someone who’s now looking for a body mist, you can try the Pure Sense Macadamia Soothing Body Mist. This fragrant mist is a long-lasting aromatic blend that has a subtle, warm fragrance. It has the ability to instantly change your mood for good. This body mist is a nourishing elixir that can pamper your skin by moisturising it with a single spritz. It is crafted with pure ingredients that are sourced from nature.